September 6, 2013

Last of The Gift Sewing

Remember that season of gifts? Well, I have one more little thing to show. I had to make one more gift for a friend of mine who had her baby last winter and shamefully I got to the gift in June. Shame.

Little Goldfish Romper

I loved this romper from the first sight. I am in love with little baby boy rompers for some odd reason. And no boy to make a cute boy romper for. The pattern is Little Goldfish from Ottobre 3/2012. I don't remember the size I made but I think it was 64cm, which should fit a 6-9 month old baby. Hopefully, it fit the baby boy I made it for.

Little Goldfish Romper

The hardest part of the project for me was to pick fabric. I am so used to sewing for girls and as I noticed I only have girly fabric in my stash. I spent a couple of weeks deciding on which fabric to use. Decided on this light blue seersucker. I think it works very well with this pattern.

The pattern was easy to work with but I did have to re-read it in couple of places as I didn't get it right away. Such are Ottobre patterns. I think it turned out very cute and maybe wish a little I had a little boy running around in a romper like this.

3 comments:

  1. It is adorable! I wish I was more into sewing clothes when my son was a baby. I am going to sew my first Ottobre soon which is good because I have so many issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! Good thing Ottobre has patterns for boys of all ages so it's never too late to start :)

      Delete
  2. It does fit him and we love it! I get compliments every time he wears it :) Thanks for an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete