April 28, 2012

KCWC Day Four: Seashore Sundress

For Day Four I planned another thing from the Oliver + S.These patterns are just so easy to put together and I don't have to strain my brain to read the instructions. Before the challenge started I had to come up with the things to make during the week. Emma came into the room, found fabric that she liked and asked me to make her a dress. Right away I thought of the Seashore Sundress. I bought the pattern last summer and then recently got the same pattern for smaller sizes to make matching dresses (I know, lame, right?). I will be making this dress again in sizes 3T and 18 months.

name

The girl could not be happier. She's been asking me for a cute dress for a while now. I think letting her pick the fabric from my stash makes it even better.

sundress

I made size 6 because Emma is quite tall and I did not want it to be short. It fits her great. I made the facings and pocket lining out of blue cotton and it looks very nice. I also added some topstitching in some places. I love Emma's fabric choice as it is very summery.

1 comment: