April 11, 2011

Spidey Cardi

Long ago I started this cardigan for Alyssa. It took me too long to finish it. Perhaps it was because I was pregnant and tired or maybe it was because I did not have a pattern to follow. I work so much faster when I have a pattern. I finished it just in time for hot days. Ha. At least it is not too small so Alyssa should be able to wear it this coming fall.

Alyssa seems to like it. I like it but think it could have been better, but I am a perfectionist and want everything to be just right. When I put it on Alyssa today she said that it's awesome and that she loves it. What else could I ask for? That made my day.

Here's the little number I was trying to recreate. It's Lili Gaufrette - some French clothes line.

All in all it was a fun project to work on. I was not bored as this little cardigan has different sections with different patterns. I really liked making the lower section with spiders. That's where the name came from.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you made that without a pattern! It looks almost identical to the cardigan you were copying! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete