January 19, 2011

Have You Ever Seen a Snowflake

Up close and personal? I am lucky enough to live with one little snowflake. She likes to twirl and dance. She falls sometimes but not too often. She is a very happy snowflake but not without some attitude issues. I hope she stays with us when the winter is over because I love her too much to let her go.

DSC_0161

Emma had to be a snowflake for her school New Year’s recital and I had to make her a costume. I had no idea what to make first and then came up with this little number. Obviously I am not a costume designer as all I could think of was a puffy skirt. So I made a puffy skirt out of some organza fabric plus embroidered a snowflake on her leotard and made some puffy sleeves (sleeves and embroidered snowflake is barely seen on this picture…sorry). Then threw some sparkly accessories and ta-da! You’ve got a snowflake.

Sorry for the crappy picture. That’s the only one I could snap of Emma before she took her costume off.

1 comment: